Using 2-Step / 2-Factor Authentication is a good way to protect your company’s G-Suite (Google Apps) email and documents from stolen passwords.
Before you or your G-Suite users can turn on 2-Step Authentication, you must allow it for all users, as-follows/as-shown in this video:
- Go to admin.google.com and sign in using an administrator account for your company (does not ending in @gmail.com).
- Click Security, then on the next page click Basic settings.
- Scroll down to 2-Step Verification, then click the box next to Allow users to turn on 2-step verification. Then click Save.
- This lets your users sign up for 2-Step Verification, but does not enroll them automatically—users need to sign up themselves.
- You can require all users to always use 2-Step Verification, but it’s recommended to wait until all existing users have enrolled first.
- Users will still be able to enroll after this, but they will have to set up 2-Step Verification before they can access their accounts.